Look & Feel Radiant: 10 minute miracles
How are YOU doing? There is a vibe of busy-ness everywhere … the roads are full, shops and supermarkets are packed. With so many people rushing around it can be easy to get pulled along in the lead up to Christmas.
When did you last stop, take a breath and check in with your body and see how you are feeling?
An old Christmas film reminded me that it’s not ALL about gifts and presents. Christmas is about LOVE. Leave all those ‘shoulds’, ‘must-haves’, hurrying here, queuing there behind for a second and have a look at these 10 minute miracles to help you love your skin, love your body, love your mind and put you in a better place to enjoy and love those around you this Christmas.
- Give yourself at least 10 minutes out of your day to search for some funny films on YouTube or clips from your favourite comedies. This releases endorphins which in turn fight the stress hormones and help you feel calmer and more relaxed.
De-Stress & Cleanse Mind & Body
- Run yourself a warm bath, add a good mug of dead sea salts, a mug of Epsom salts and some essential oils like Ylang Ylang, Lavender or Bergamot to help you unwind. Remember to blend them in a carrier oil first, don’t just add them to your bath undiluted.
Pinch Your Cheeks Pink
- Increase blood flow to your cheeks by gently pinching along your cheekbones, start at the nostril and work your way across until you meet your hairline
Breathe love and life into your face & body
- Deep breathing is fantastic to not only calm your mind and body but to brighten your appearance.
Take 10 minutes out and sit down somewhere comfortable
Breath in through your nose counting to 5
Hold your breath for a count of 4
Breath out to a count of 7
Don’t worry if you can’t keep to these times, just try and breath in slowly, hold your breath for a second or two and then breathe out as slowly as you can
Get things in perspective
- Remember that you can’t please everyone all of the time so don’t even try to. Forget perfection and remember that your happiness is important too. If you are getting ready for guests aim for a cosy atmosphere rather than a pristinely clean house. Set a timer for 10 minutes so you don’t get carried away.
Tighten & Cleanse your Face
- A clay mask is a perfect way to deeply cleanse and tighten your pores. It’s amazing how much cleaner your skin feels after a clay mask. If you don’t fancy a DIY facial but don’t have much time this facial may be ideal for you.
Tap Your Skin Bright
- Tapotement is a wonderful technique that instantly boosts circulation to your face, lifting and rejuvenating your skin. Use your fingertips to gently tap your skin, all around your face, chin, cheeks, nose, forehead.
Limit that Hangover
- Alcohol has a huge effect on your blood sugar levels which often results in a headache the following morning (not just due to dehydration!) so have a snack before bedtime to help balance your blood sugar levels. Choose something like wholegrain toast with almond butter, marmite or hummus or a boiled egg. Drink plenty of water
Take yourself away
- If it all gets too much go for a brisk walk. Walking for 10 minutes in the fresh air will instantly boost your energy levels and give you some time to pause, reflect and have a look from a different perspective.
Listen to your favourite music
- Think about how you feel when your favourite song that you haven’t heard for a while comes on the radio…excitement…pleasure! These positive emotions have a wonderful effect on your body and make you feel good. Research has shown that gentle music, especially classical, has a positive effect on brainwaves helping to relax you, lower stress levels and keep you calm. Take 10 minute out to listen to your favourite tunes.
So now you have 10 x 10 minute miracles to help you feel radiant inside and out this Christmas and to interrupt the busy-ness that my be going on around you. I invite you to leave comments below, which one are you going to try? I’m definitely going to give myself a mini facial this weekend in between events!
Until next time! Take care of YOU!
Best wishes, Louisa