5 Quick Fixes to Brighten Your Skin this Christmas
Now is the perfect time to start taking care of your skin a little bit more if you want to look your best on Christmas Day so here are five quick fixes to help brighten your skin this Christmas:
1) Remember to hydrate!
- Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine if you can or if you can’t ensure you drink extra glasses of water to compensate!
- Try to introduce herbal or fruit teas into your diet as these can be counted as water as long as they don’t contain caffeine. One of my favourites is hot water with freshly squeezed lemon juice & fresh ginger – these do wonders for your skin & your immune system.
- You can also spritz your skin with floral water before applying your moisturiser or just throughout the day to help ward off drying out from central heating or the effects of travelling.
2) Cleanse your face twice daily
Cleansing is one of the key foundations for great looking skin. Avoid cleansers with SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulphate) in them as this is a harsh detergent that is excellent at drying out your skin.
- Ensure that you cleanse your face twice a day – if you can’t manage that make sure that you cleanse at night because it’s amazing how much dirt your skin picks up throughout the day. If this is left on the surface it can lead to blocked pores and blemishes. As tempting as it may be to sleep in your make up – don’t because this can prevent your skin from breathing which can lead to more sallow complexion.
- Schedule a deep cleanse with a clay mask once a week – clay is excellent at drawing out toxins and dirt from the skin. Always use it a couple of days before an event so your skin is clean and clear for the party.
3) Reveal yourself
Exfoliate once a week to literally peel back the layers and get rid of any dead skin cells – it’s amazing how much brighter your skin can look after exfoliating and you it will feel softer too!
Our skin works hard at regenerating and repairing itself while we are sleeping. By using a facial oil like Calm or Rejuvenate at night you are feeding your skin with effective levels of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. A facial oil has a wonderful way of improving the appearance of the skin by making it look plump and fresh. Oil has a natural affinity with the skin so it is very easily absorbed, often in the morning your skin has literally drunk the goodness and you can’t see a trace.
5) Love your Lips
Luscious lips add to a youthful glow so take care to moisturise them. Remember to use a lip balm at bedtime so it can work its magic overnight as well.
All these steps can easily be done yourself or you may want to treat yourself to a facial with me.
Now go and glow!