5 September Skin Saviours
With the arrival of Autumn now is the time to take extra care of your skin as we transition into cooler temperatures. By giving your skin the correct support you’ll avoid conditions like dry flaky skin or breakouts that can be caused or exacerbated by environmental changes.
#1 Tune into your skin
The demands of life, work, caring or parenting can make it easy to become disconnected from our bodies. On top of that you may feel that you just don’t have time for a skincare routine. By paying a little more attention to your skin right now you can avoid common winter skincare issues.
I’d like you to tune into your skin. For now we’ll just focus on your face.
With freshly washed hands feel your face with your fingertips from your forehead working down to your chin.
- Let you fingers fall over your temples,
- around your eyes,
- over your cheeks,
- over your nose,
- around your lips,
- around your chin,
and down your neck.
- How does the skin feel?
- Is it a different texture in different areas?
- Is it the same all over?
- Does it feel dry or oily?
- Does if feel soft, smooth or bumpy and congested?
- What do you notice?
This is your starting point to let you know what your skin needs.
Feel free to message me with your findings any any questions or leave a comment below.
#2 Give your face an overnight boost
Our skin is more susceptible to drying out during the colder months when the air is drier and eventually the central heating is on.
Natural oils have a natural affinity with the skin and therefore penetrate a lot more easily and deeply. This also means that the skin easily absorbs all the nutrients contained within it.
An ideal time to apply a facial oil is before bed because when we are asleep our skin cells work hard renewing and repairing. It’s true what they say about beauty sleep.
#3 Lip rescue
Don’t wait for your lips to become dry and chapped, start applying a lip balm now. This will protect them and keep them smooth and soft throughout Autumn and Winter – yes it is possible I promise.
Avoid lip balms that contain paraffin wax, and you’ll be surprised as to how many actually do, as this has a drying effect on your lips. A lip balm made from organic oils and butters will do a much better job.
I’m proud to have won two awards for 100% organic Be Natural lip balm. For anyone suffering with chapped lips already this can transform them within 48 hours according to some of my customers. This lip balm forms the base of Be Fresh with added Grapefruit and Be Minty with Peppermint.
#4 Choose organic
Just like with food, organically grown ingredients often contain higher nutrient levels and don’t have the extra chemical residues from harmful pesticides that can irritate skin. At Just Be Natural we use many organic ingredients as possible. It’s my mission to create products that deliver results and using the finest organic ingredients helps me achieve this goal.
#5 Home Facial Care Routine
- Cleanse – twice daily – ideally day and night. Especially at the end of a day to remove make up or just dirt and pollution from the world
- Exfoliate – once a week for normal skin, less fequently if sensitive, more frequently if mature or oily or congested
- Clay Face Mask – excellent for drawing out impurities & tightening your pores
- Toner – after cleansing to seal and tighten your clean pores and add some hydration
- Moisturise – day cream is ideal to use under make up and will boost your skin’s hydration levels and nutrients into your skin
- Treatment – a night oil to help cells repair and renew by feeding the skin with lots of antioxidants
If you don’t have time to do these yourself and you’d like some advice or help then you may want to book in for a facial with me. Take look at the full list available here. I see clients on Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays. Message me to book your appointment.
I hope you have found this blog useful. Leave a comment and let me know.